Since 1994, this annual event has brought national and internationally known teachers to Arizona and made its Flagstaff venue a destination for quilters locally and nationally. Quilt Camp in the Pines and its sister event, Quilting in the Desert, have served over 5,000 quilters since their inception.

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Back Again....

Just returned from a fun weekend of teaching in Winslow, AZ. Class full of ladies who want to learn to hand quilt. Just made me feel so good that there are still some quilters who want to learn or perfect their hand quilting. Machine quilting with the long arms is wonderful... and fast for the quilts that we want to finish in this year. It's simply wonderful that we can keep the old while celebrating the new. Hand quilting preserves tradition and the incredible maching quilting that is being done today is making a future. I am not a machine quilter so anything that I want to have done on a long arm must be sent out for someone else to quilt. Quilt Camp in the Pines has some neat Long Arm classes on this summer's schedule of classes but... woe is me... I'll be working hard to see that everyone else has a fabulous time and there won't be time for me to take any of the classes. So... guess what? That means that you all need to be registering so I can send my quilt tops (the ones that I have time to piece) out to you for quilting.

No comments: